It's now been 16 weeks since Thomas was born. He is such a joy. The recovery of my body, however, is not a joy. Just this week I was cleared by the doctor to begin easing into working out again. My wahzoo is just now healing after the 4th degree re-tear. In an effort to keep my sense of humor I have written a song. This little jingle I wrote about my experience as a post-birth woman. It is to be sung to the tune of "The 12 Days of Chistmas." I want to hear some singing as you read this!
THE 12 WEEKS POST-PARTUM
On the _______ week post-partum the Good Lord gave to me....
An 8lb. 4oz. healthy baby boy!
2 Size G Breasts
3 Pulled Back Muscles
4 Rounds of Hemroids
5 CLOGGED DUCTS A WEEK
6 Straight Weeks of Visitors
7 Breast Infections
8 Rock Hard Poops
9 Fat Rolls Around My Belly (and Chin)
10 Episiotomy Stitches (Twice!)
11 Clumps of Hair A Day (Coming out in the shower)
12 Weeks of Bleeding
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
its been a while for me. These days, its more like 4 rounds of elmo + 3 sippies of juice = 7 heavy pullups. BUT I do have one more verse that you must not leave out. 13 changes of clothes per day (YOU, not him!)
Ok, it's official. I am never having children.
I was laughing out loud about this posting and my husband wanted to know why, so i sang it to him. that may have been a mistake!! i, however, appreciate the realistic view. : )
Post a Comment