This weekend was one of the best weekends I can remember. I feel awakened culturally and creatively! Friday afternoon I had cooking club, where Allie and I made casseroles, soups, and cookies for our families. We even branched out from our easy, practical menu and picked up ingredients for some Costa Rican dishes next week.
Saturday David, Thomas, and I journeyed on over to the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art near the Plaza, complete with lunch at D'Bronx Deli. Thomas loved the big paintings with multiple colors and is learning to clap when he sees something he likes. Today (Sunday) our family outings consisted of going to hear my mom's band play, time to myself at Starbucks working on my sermon for next week, and dinner with friends from Spain. I love Paella! Yum. Thanks Dani and Belen for a wonderful meal.
Two other random thoughts:
1. Please pray that my grandpa passes peacefully and without pain soon.
2. I have entered some of my writing (children's books and personal essays) in contests. This was a big step for me as I usually shy away from claiming my identity as a writer. I don't care if I win, but I am hoping for a good experience that will encourage me to keep pursuing publication. Hope that I meet some helpful people that are willing to work with me to better my skills. Writing has always been just a hobby that I have enjoyed for myself, but it's time to start seeing if it will go anywhere. I wish I was as confident as Jane Austen (or Anne Hathaway playing Jane Austen in "Becoming Jane") when she says, "I will live by my pen." While making money via writing is a longshot for me, I do highly recommend the movie to any aspiring writers, creative spirits, or artists like myself. It's worth the $6 to go see in the theatre.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Adrienne--I'd love to read some of your stuff! I recently wrote an article that's supposed to be published soon on radiantmag.com and I'd love to share it with you. Email me when you have time @ michele_tsen@yahoo and I'll send it to ya!
Post a Comment