
I found this great book at the library last week and have devoured it. For someone like me that has zero fashion sense it is very helpful. These tips combined with having my mother-in-law's personal shopper tell me what my color scheme is (red, brown, blue, and green) should make me look like hot breakfast even in sweats.
Here is what it said I should be wearing for my body type, which includes big boobs, big arms, short legs, and short neck. Doesn't sound like a very pretty picture, does it? But the book gives pictoral examples about why things look good or bad. I've already gone through my closet and put the stuff they say looks bad on me in a seperate section to possibly give away at a later date.
What I should wear:
No high neck, turtleneck, cap sleeves, and/or sleveless tops. Go with wide-open necklines, v-necks, and corset or rouge shape tops with 3/4's or flutted sleeves.
No boxy, shortwaisted jackets. Go with fitting through the waist and cut to the hip.
Never haltertops or speghetti strap dresses. Wrap dresses with 3/4 length sleeves look best.
Don't do a chunky knit, tight sweater. Go with a wrap, light-weight cardigan.
For jewelry, big bangle bracelets make my arms look fatter and chandelier earrings make my neck look longer.
To solve the short legs problem, don't wear cropped or capri pants (crap!), but do wear two layers of shirts and long skirts and jackets.
The other categories they help with (which thankfully did not apply to me) in case you are interested are: no boobs, big butt, no waist, flabby tummy, saddlebags, and thick calves and ankles. It's worth the read!
3 comments:
I think I will be picking up that up on our next trip to Rhyme Time...
Oh yeah, i have been meaning to comment on Frugal Fiona :) But even though I should have lots of tips considering our financial status (living on one small income - some months better than others)I can't think of anything great - when you buy clothes make sure you really like them, and that you will like them for years to come :) i will anxiously await any more tips you come up with!
i'm loving these posts. You've inspired me...I really need to lose the grey hoody from college (7yrs ago) and maternity pants (since I'm not pregnant.) My closet is lacking. since I'm not down to goal weight, I'll hold off, but for now, I've purchased a waxing machine on ebay and made a hair appointment at Eric Fisher salon.
As far as frugality...I'm always a work in progress. I have super frugal days and super spendy days that somehow equal out to be "budget +0." I did just sign up for Bank of America's keep the change program....they round off all purchases from your checking, put the extra in your savings, match it, and there you go. I'll let you know if I like it or not. love you! Cristy
Post a Comment