HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY COUSIN! Carolyn-I forgot to write down your new e-mail address, but I know you read this blog. Have a great day today! For those of you that don't know her, Car-Tot has been one of my biggest creative inspirations. She and her husband, Philip, live in Sydney where they both work in the art industry. C and I used to run a hotel together called C&A's. Our services as 9,10,11-year-old girls included cooking, light cleaning, and mints on the pillows of our grandparents. We also had evening violin and flute concerts and matching hotel uniforms. Our fees for staying in C&A's wonderful suites were very reasonable: All of the change in our grandfather's money dish. :)
Other creative endavors with C include taking pictures on the Konza prairie, experiencing Wilderness Ranch together, learning how to play poker, gin, and bridge by Grandmother Dreher, burying a time capsle, fighting for territory in the woods with the Macy boys, pulling Great Grandmother's wig off, and getting matching 80's boomboxes for Christmas. Carolyn has a unique way of looking at the world that should be celebrated today. She has given us the most unique and thoughtful gifts we've ever received including Austrailian wind chimes, photographs of loved ones, a Joey Kangaroo, a unique collection of Austrailian Children's Classics, and a bugaboo hat. I'm pretty sad that Thomas won't have a cousin close to his age to share memories with like I had. According to Uncles Paul and Conor, Dreher cousins are at least 10 years away.
So here's a blog toast To My Cousin Carolyn---To another 28 years of creative energy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aw shucks, coz. I always think about how the level of meals we cooked for GF & GM improved each summer, the first was hotdogs and the last I think was quiche lorraine. I'm sad not to be visiting mainland Kansas this year, cause I'll miss the fam and Thomas at such a cute age, but we're getting the ball rolling for a big migration back... you're an awesome cousin and I'm sorry for teasing you about being shorter than me back then! love - c
Post a Comment