My pal from college has been posting on her blog a list of 100 things she wants to do before she goes. I thought about doing the same, but lists of many things that don't end up getting done make me feel guilty. Plus, who knows how life is going to unfold. I could have never put on a list 5 years ago, "Decorate a suburb house," but that is what I've spent some time doing this year. In the spirit of being mindful and present, here are a few things I've done today:
1. Watched Alec Baldwin on Sesame Street
2. Made a note for Tommy's Texas grandparents by helping him put on stickers and put it in the mailbox
3. Folded clothes with Tommy and had a sock-ball war
4. Read "Where's Spot?" 3 times out of order
5. Sat still on the couch while my son lifted up my shirt to see my button at least 100 times.
6. Laughed at an 17-month-old who still wants to sit in his take-along swing to watch Barney
7. Talked to two friends on the phone
8. Blew my nose about once every 10 minutes from a sinus infection
9. Had my hair pulled. Hard.
10. Received 4-5 kisses with the top of a head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
what a great day! Cristy
Of course I will be your blog friend! Amy gave me your blog address a few months ago, and I have been slacking on making a comment. I love how honest you are...and your day sounds very similar to mine. I actually intended to email you about your post regarding PPD, but then someone woke up, started crying.....you know.
I love this! I have been wanting to put together a list of things I really want to do, but have struggled the same way as you (i feel guilty for not accomplishing stuff). So, I am trying to find a balance bc I really like the idea of my husband knowing things that make me tick ... like swim in the pool of a waterfall at some point ... then he can surprise me :) Is that wrong and manipulative? lol.
Post a Comment