
David heard about this book on NPR and gave it to me for Mother's Day. It is a compilation of essays from different journalists who have either chosen to work, stay-home, or something in-between. I liked the book immediately as it provides an educated angle to what I've been battling with for the past few years. To work or stay home? To work part-time or full-time? To stay home and then go back to work? This book gives insight into all those questions. The biggest thing I learned is that every woman and family has a different system that works for them. I personally want to work and am getting the certification I need to do so. I also value staying home. Many of my friends want to stay home full-time. I didn't realize this was such a hot topic until I read the reviews on the book when I was done reading it. Women are so caddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment