Sunday, July 06, 2008

Miscarriage

I'm so sad to post that we lost our baby last week to miscarriage. We know the little guy or gal is in heaven and just wasn't ready to come into the world, but we are pretty devastated. If any of you have stories of people having successful pregnancies after miscarriage or infertility please let me know. I think some success stories would really encourage us right now. Also pray for direction, because in the next 6 or so weeks while I recover from this we will need to decide about fertility drugs, hormone therapies, going back on the pill, adoption, etc. My body was not producing enough hormones to keep the baby alive, which could obviously be a problem in subsequent pregnancies. For now though, good-bye baby. I loved you from the moment I found out about you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have 3 friends who miscarried multiple times. One is very far along in a pregnancy, one now has an 11 month old, and the other is pregnant with a 3rd child. I hope this offers some encouragement. Miscarriage is such a hard thing to understand, my heart and prayers go out to you. Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Adrienne, I am so so sorry for your loss. Unfortunately I know exactly how you feel and hate that you had to join this club also.
I know there are no words to say right now and nothing will help ( I know), but please know you're in our thoughts and prayers.
It sucks, and it's okay to say it sucks because well, it sucks.
Miss Laura

DayVee said...

I'll pray for you even though I don't even know you. Whatever you do, don't play the "What if I had.." game or blame yourself. We lost our first baby and it was the saddest thing we ever experienced. But that sadness is a mere memory now because we were blessed with four beautiful and healthy children in the eight years that followed. (Be careful what you pray for!)

Tony and Julie said...

Oh dear friend, I'm so sorry for your loss of this baby. My heart is grieving for you way down here and I wish I could just sit on your couch and cry with you. I will pray for God's healing of your hearts and for strength to continue forward in this journey. I just heard news from a friend in Denver who is pregnant with her 2nd child in her 4th month after several miscarriages. I will be praying for God's peace and wisdom as you determine what to do next. Love you, sweet girl.