My baby is 20 months old now. Twenty months means we are almost out of saying months. This Fall we will probably say, "He'll be 2 in November." People tell me all the time how fast these years go, but it has been so different than I thought it would be. Our days at home together seem long...there is so much time to be present with my baby as the day drags on. But then some nights I can't believe he has already gone to bed. I occasionally miss a whole day of special moments with Tommy Sam. I realize then how short this time is, and how just yesterday he was calling his trains GA-GA's, yet today he calls them Choo-Choos.
My little boy is sweet. His personality has really come out over the last few months. Especially in a new or overwhelming situation, he is a quiet observer, slow to jump in. He is very affectionate and kind. Once he gets his bearings, he slowly begins to engage. He likes to be a big ham when there are no other kids around. In a group of kids, however, he is pretty shy, content to play with one or two others at a time. When we have family time in the evenings, he laughs and laughs and loves to wrestle. He doesn't like it when anyone else is sad or in trouble, although he gets in trouble at least once a day. Right now it is for throwing things when he is angry. His anger comes out in short bursts and then goes away. He is like me in that way.
One way he is far more like David is his persistence. He is content to play with one toy for hours and doesn't look for mischief. He will sit and watch an hour movie with no problem. He doesn't really get into things yet except for taking his diaper off at night. I can't figure out what his love language is going to be. He is not a big cuddler, so I don't think it is physical touch. We'll see. I just wanted you all to hear some things about my baby today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment