I'm not ever quite sure when to say my due date is. Since I got pregnant right after a miscarriage it's hard to say when this baby was made. The first date we ever got was Cinco de Mayo. Then at sonogram #1 they moved it back to May 10th, Mother's Day. Then at the 20 week sonogram I was measuring for April 28th. SO, I've been saying May Day and hoping he is out of there by Cinco de Mayo at the latest. If I'm still pregnant on Mother's Day I might freak out. I'm trying not to let myself think April either though. Based on the May 1st due date I have four weeks to go. Yea! I was starting to feel down about two weeks ago, but I can make it four more (at the most) weeks. Here are some ways this pregnancy has been different than the first:
1. Nausea in 1st trimester, leading to Zofran
2. WAY less weight gain...I'm now at 23 pounds and will probably gain a total of 28 or less (again, miracle)
3. Discomfort in the 3rd trimester started MUCH earlier. From the pre-term labor at 29 weeks to just having the baby sitting so much lower in my body it has felt really different. Also many more Braxton Hicks contractions, which I never had with T until 38 wks. But no heartburn this time.
4. Infections. I won't go into to much detail here, but let's just say around St. Patty's Day I thought the lower half of my body was going to explode.
5. Both more fear and more joy in knowing what is coming.
Talk to you soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A- I was always amazed at how completely different my pregnancies were and both boys also. That is Kelly at Healthridge. Did you know that she is expecting in Sept? We are very excited.
Post a Comment