Sunday, October 09, 2011

Good Grief

As fall has come I've missed my family. Or at least the family I thought I had or was working toward having. But I've discovered in my grief that there is peace and assurance that my new family of three has a shot at being even more rich and deep than what I thought I had. And so in the moments of grief I am trying to remind myself to use the grief for good by digging deeper with my little boys. When I feel sad over what is lost I hold out hope for what is now and what is to come.

I was encouraged to find the above song on a friend's blog recently. She has had her own pain and loss of family. There aren't simple explanations for what has happened in either of our lives, but she and I both know God is there in the pain.

No comments: