Saturday, September 23, 2006

Cleaning Tips Corner By Lydia + A

My mom uses diluted Murphy's Oil for everything...dusting, mopping the floors, cleaning stuff off, etc. She also uses only Comet in the bathrooms. She will periodically post some sort of deep cleaning tip on the blog...For a more everyday approach, check out www.flylady.com or see below what works for me:

Monday: Dust Upstairs, Laundry (one load)
Tuesday: Vacuum Upstairs, David Mows Yard
Wednesday: Dust and Vacuum downstairs, Mop Kitchen Floor, Pay Bills
Thursday: Clean Bathrooms, Laundry
Friday: Clean out car and purse, De-Clutter one area of house for 15 minutes
Saturday: Change Sheets, Laundry

This approach has really helped me not get overwhelmed, and I have to admit it's pretty fun to have a clean house! We are gone a lot on Tuesdays so I don't do much on that day. Wednesdays I stay home so it's a little more loaded. When making a schedule, don't go overboard. Just pick one or two things each day that have to be done. If you stick to this kind of system, you are always ready to have people over and deep cleaning can happen less than once a month.

No comments: