Hey thanks to everyone that made my 27th Birthday so fun. My wonderful husband hosted a surprise party where my mom kissed one of my friends on the lips. I was pretty impressed with David's effort because I really did not think we were doing anything except maybe seeing my parents after dinner. I'm also impressed that David knows me well enough to know exactly what I would want...low-key, short, not tons of people, good friends, no presents (although some of you broke this rule), my family, and little kids. I loved watching the way my friend Allison's boys interacted with Baby Thomas tonight...her youngest calls him Baby Homas and likes to stroke his hair.
This year I am grateful for our home (and several other things but that is what I reflected on today). I was looking around tonight, and I really feel like our home represents my personality and welcomes people well. I love all the unique things we have been given as gifts that I've been able to put together in one place. Decorating and making each room homey has been a great way to express my creativity and hospitality. I know the next time you are here you may not get the best meal or see an immaculately clean place, but I hope you are listened to, feel cared for, and enjoy looking at interesting things from around the world. We are truly blessed people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for having a birthday so we can celebrate you! You have neat friends--it was great to see/meet them. Allison
Post a Comment