Thursday, April 26, 2007

All Around Girl

Ok so I have been around quite a few women lately that feel like they cannot have a seperate identity from their kids. Here comes the word vommit (to quote Kate from The Bachelor) on this topic...Please don't let me be like this! I love people, counseling, my husband, creativity, basketball, Desperate Housewives, social justice, adoption, ice cream, solitude, jewelry, talk radio, exercise classes, AND Thomas. I am a whole person and while I know I will have to sacrifice different parts of myself at different times during my children's lives I will not simply be a mom who doesn't know any other sides of her multi-faceted personality.

Along the same lines...It is becoming more and more clear after some opened and closed doors that I may be going back to school to train to be a professor/counselor at the university level. I want to stay at home and serve my family part-time, but I know there is also an intellectual and academic leadership side to me that is currently missing. David and my parents are in full support and will be part of Thomas' village for the next several years. We will raise him as a team. I'm very excited about this possibility on many levels...please hope for me that it either works out or that I have a clear sense about what is next along with being a mom.

No comments: