It has been really fun for me the past few years to start some of my own holiday traditions. One of the traditions I've attempted to begin in my family is the phrase, "Season's Greetings!" I have a jingle bell that I keep in my pocket at Thanksgiving Dinner. As soon as the meal is over before anyone starts to clean up, I ring the bell under the table and say, "Season's Greetings!" This is the official start to the Christmas Season. While currently my brother and husband roll their eyes at this tradition, I'm hoping all the kids in my family will one day be excited each year when they officially hear the bell and know the season has begun.
Some other traditions we have are: always hanging mistletoe in our home for David and I to make-out under, setting up the tree Thanksgiving weekend (notice how all the ornaments are on the top half this year for you know who), and setting up my collection of nativity scenes in a unique way. This year's featured favorite is the one above given to us by David's Aunt. It is very colorful and detailed. I love it and just found the rest of the pieces I needed at a store close by to complete the set. This particular scene is not the one that Thomas is allowed to play with, especially after finding his velcro Baby Jesus out of his Christmas Story book in the fake gumball machine, in Norman's Mouth, and thrown down the stairs this week. He also likes to put his "Baba" in his wagon and pull him around. What are some traditions you have tried to get off the ground? I hope your heart is light this month. Season's Greetings!
No comments:
Post a Comment