I talked to the Dr. after wrestling my son to the ground in the middle of Target yesterday. Thomas found this train in the toy isle and wouldn't let me put it back. We wiggled out of his TIGHT cart strap to grab it off the shelf when I answered the cell phone. Sneaky little guy. After what seemed like an hour of tears and screaming, I let him keep it until we got to the front to check out. By then he threw it on the floor seemingly telling me something such as, "This toy sucks now, Mom! I want to GO HOME!" It turns out the steroid in the breathing treatments is causing most of this behavior. Would have been good to know when we were prescribed the treatments 2 weeks ago. Grrr.
On another note, my friend Anne introduced me recently to mindfulness and meditation CDs. I've listened to a segment each night before bed and LOVE IT. I love the idea of being present in the moment as it happens. This very idea has helped me so much to enjoy my moments with Thomas. Each smile, each hug, each moment to play. Learning to be mindful has also reminded me that I have a choice over my thoughts. They can be positive and spin toward a good place, or they can be negative and spin quickly to a bad place. By the way, has anyone ever read the book "The Secret?" I'm reading it for book club right now. I agree with some parts and fairly sharply disagree with others. Book Report to come.
New Year's Resolution Update also to come. For Lent this year I gave up staying up late. So far so good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have watched the Secret video which came out before the book. Be careful ... it sucked me in a little, lol. I do see some truths in it, but it crosses into a self-reliant realm that is very dangerous as a believer in my opinion. Essentially, we don't nearly as much control as the Secret theory states. I had to revert to spending more time knowing God through His word vs. visualizing about all these things I "wanted". For me, it seems the more I try to control my feelings and thoughts I screw up and feel like a failure. If I spend more time seeking Him, then I think the Spirit naturally guides me to those positive places you were talking about. I have more patience and live in the moment more effortlessly, vs. taking the "Universe" into my own hands. Make Sense?
Glad to know that the breathing treatments are causing Tommy's change in behavior. I guess you dont need to worry! Mia Grace is obsessed with goldfish too!
Post a Comment