So, this is one of the more fun things that has ever happened to me. I've been saving up for a new, really good camera. I'm over the "Mommy Cameras" everyone has. I wanted something that would simply take better pictures and give me room to grow (a lot of room) in my photography skills. I went to Costco yesterday with $220 worth of gift cards and $400 cash. I was sweatin'. I haven't bought anything so expensive for a long time. Definitely not since David started school and Frugal Fiona emerged. But, I had slowly put $20 here and there in a camera envelope and had hit my mark. Another good test for me is wanting something more than 3 months. For example, just in case you were wondering I no longer want a glider for Tommy's room or a minivan. Fleeting desires. So, to wrap this up I went to Costco and they had an $850 camera on sale for $650. I got an extra lens and a carrying bag not to mention a better camera. I was so grateful that I actually took this process slowly. Here's to anti-impulsiveness- a new thing for me!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
New Camera!
So, this is one of the more fun things that has ever happened to me. I've been saving up for a new, really good camera. I'm over the "Mommy Cameras" everyone has. I wanted something that would simply take better pictures and give me room to grow (a lot of room) in my photography skills. I went to Costco yesterday with $220 worth of gift cards and $400 cash. I was sweatin'. I haven't bought anything so expensive for a long time. Definitely not since David started school and Frugal Fiona emerged. But, I had slowly put $20 here and there in a camera envelope and had hit my mark. Another good test for me is wanting something more than 3 months. For example, just in case you were wondering I no longer want a glider for Tommy's room or a minivan. Fleeting desires. So, to wrap this up I went to Costco and they had an $850 camera on sale for $650. I got an extra lens and a carrying bag not to mention a better camera. I was so grateful that I actually took this process slowly. Here's to anti-impulsiveness- a new thing for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment