We went to the KU Victory Parade yesterday in Lawrence. Crowds swarmed the players like they were movie stars as they rode by in convertibles. It was crazy. Tommy LOVED it. He thought the whole parade was just for him and clapped the entire time.
I've been trying to think about what would be the equivalent of hitting a last minute 3-point shot to win the National Championship of College Basketball in my life. Mario Chalmers had to feel absolutely exhiliterated. I'm sure he will NEVER get tired of watching the replay of those few moments. For me I thought about completing a marathon. Like Chalmers, it was something I worked really hard for, but for some reason it didn't feel quite right. Then I thought about giving birth. Glorious, but still didn't fit. Being a Wilderness Guide for three summers? There were definitely a few moments on the trail that brought "glorious and inexpressible joy," but no.
Side note: I watched the video of Tommy's 1st Birthday Party randomly today. I couldn't believe it was me on tape. There I was, a beautiful wavy haired, MOM. I was so happy that day. So present. The tape shows me as a confident in the moment woman. I wasn't getting side-tracked by my stupid in-laws or the 10lbs. I still had to lose. I could have watched myself again and again.
Back to Mario. This morning it hit me that the equivelient of hitting a 3-point shot to win it all for me is being present in each moment and content with my circumstances. When I got up and was able to recognize how fortunate I am to have a loving husband, a beautiful son, an amazing house, great family, a good brain, a working body, etc. it helped me to take advantage of each moment today. Pushing Tommy in his swing and soaking in what he looks like right now and how happy he is to be outside...LISENBY THREE! Realizing I'll never get the moment back that David walked in the door this afternoon and giving him a huge kiss...LISENBY THREE! I could go on and on, but staying present and content...that is my big shot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Swish! Love you, Lisenbys!
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
Wow, this really impacted me! #1 we are SO much alike. #2 I must admit I was a little stud point guard back in the day.
OK. Tornado sirens are going off, telling me to "Take Cover", I have a nervous feeling in my gut, and my dog is howling like a wolf. Maybe I should get off the computer, turn on the news and get a back up plan. Mattress and bathtub anyone? yikes.
Post a Comment