

I observed a 3rd grade class the other day. The kids were working on similes. I always liked similes.
Here are some that pertain to my current life:
1. Elmo is as cool to Thomas as a movie star.
2. Ryan Gosling is as hot as fire.
3. When we see the stuffed Elmo at the library Thomas is like a drooling, love-sick puppy.
4. If Ryan Gosling ever came to my house to make-out with me, I would melt like butter.
That's right. Elmo and Ryan G. are the kings in this house. Oh and David you are hot and super-cool too. (Don't worry, David has given me full permission to make-out with Ryan with no aftermath if he ever comes to our house). But here's a question for you: What is it about Elmo that makes him the main attraction of Sesame Street? I mean, I truly think if Thomas ever got to touch the actual Elmo he would be like the girl in my dad's high school class who touched one of the Beatles and didn't wash her hand again until it turned black and was getting infected.
1 comment:
I didn't know until just now that Ryan G. and Elmo were "kings" of our house. How silly of me to think it might be me (me the "hot and super-cool too" guy that comes as a distant afterthought behind the kings of the Lisenby castle, a red puppet monster and my wife's imaginary adulterous boyfriend).
To answer your question, Adrienne, about Elmo's mystic qualities that make him the main attraction on the #1 kids' program in the universe --- the key to his success is talking with a really cute baby voice. That and being able to understand Dorothy. Who else would translate her thoughts to the rest of us? If you don't know what I'm talking about, consider yourself fortunate. (Elmo: "Dorothy has a question. What's that, Dorothy? Oh, good question, Dorothy. Let's ask Mr. Noodle. Shade. Shade!! Oh, thank you, Shade. Look, everybody, it's Mr. Noodle's brother, Mr. Noodle. Mr. Noodle, how do you hop on one foot?")
Post a Comment