Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It's Time to Confess...




I don't think I am a baby person. Babies are sweet and smell good, but I LOVE the stage little Tommy is in right now. He is 17.5 months and can run and play and does TONS of signs. He brings me toys and asks for help with them. He is interested in new people or things he has never seen before. Everything is such an exciting adventure. This morning we went to the garden nursery and bought some flowers for our pots. He pointed at each type of flower and did the sign for flower...two sniffs. When I let him carry one of the flowers to the car, he smiled and signed, "Thank you, Mommy." Then we went through the drive-through at Starbucks, and from his car-seat he kept telling the man at the window, "Momma. Drink." (Yes we go through this drive-through a lot, but I have to have something to replace my diet pop addiction I'm trying to kick). Next up was the library, where the librarian helped us find a book about elephants and one about gorillas. Tommy and David went to the zoo in Oklahoma City last weekend, and those were his two favorite animals. He wouldn't let the books go when it was time to check-out until he showed the lady the signs for both animals. Lastly, on the way home we saw a train. Instead of Choo Choo, Tommy says CAW CAW!! Oh how I love my little bugaboo. These are pictures from the last month or so. I couldn't find my camera cord for awhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A, I like our baby too. I really like the last picture of Tommy watching Ernie with "plumber's diaper".

For the rest of you, I think I am more of a "baby person" than my wife. I love holding newborns. It's so strange too because until Tommy was born I was terrified to hold any baby with a wobbly neck, afraid their head might fall off if I didn't hold it just right.