Friday, August 22, 2008

Am I Marriage Material?

So we are becoming good friends with our neighbors. They came over for dinner on Tuesday night and told us about a fight they recently had about the cleanliness level of their house. The husband mentioned that our house is always clean when he comes over (which it is, I admit), and the wife, who works full-time, began to brim with frustration. "Why don't you just marry Adrienne then!" she shouted.

Now just so you know I did not have many dates in high school or a long line of men who wanted to marry me. I was slightly flattered that the cleanliness of my house would cause a dispute and therefore charge to marry me. However, it was extremely easy to come up with some good reasons why our neighbor may not want to consider his wife's proposal. In a true wifely confession format, here we go:

1. I am a grump in the morning. I don't speak to anyone until at least 9am. I've been known to bite David's head off for saying, "Good Morning, Beautiful."
2. I'm pretty selfish with how I want to spend money. If it were up to me we would spend all our extra money on clothes and things only for me. Maybe I would get a few things for Thomas, but definitely nothing for David.
3. I may have trained myself about how to be a good housekeeper, but I CAN'T cook. I would eat the same thing every night for dinner (a bowl of cereal) and be happy.
4. The bat wing factor. Enough Said.
5. I can never make up my mind. I have to change my mind about a decision at least 12 times before settling in to something. Tommy's music teacher knows this to be the case. This semester I have switched from the Thursday to the Tuesday to the Wednesday class.
6. I am impulsive and intense about certain topics.
7. I have two brothers that would kick the ass of any man that ever hurt me. To say they were skeptical of David at first is an understatement.

I DO however, excel in other areas. Pretty big areas, if I do say so myself. So here are some things my neighbor might want to at least consider, you know if David decides the above list is too much for him.

1. I have a HIGH sex drive for about one week a month. And I love sex once you get me going.
2. For the most part after 9am I am pretty easy going, friendly, and loving.
3. My house is always clean, for the most part.
4. I'm funny.
5. I'm very creative.

So there you have it. Let the proposals roll in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Advertising for a new husband on your blog? I hear your current one checks it from time to time, so you might want to be careful...