Sunday, August 03, 2008

Chillin'

We are back at the cabin until the 15th. For this trip we are planning our annual trip to Taos, meeting some Wilderness friends for hikes near hippie towns, reading "Toddler Wise" to learn more about our crazy 20 month old, and watching Sunset Tan on cable. Today we went to feed some carrots to miniature horses while we acclimate to the 9000 feet. Now that we have internet here, I'm going to try to post every few days so readers can get a feel for what the cabin is like. Right now I have a bad altitude headache but am sitting outside while I type in front of my mom's wildflower garden. Thunder is rolling down the valley and humming birds are swarming the feeder David just filled up. It smells like evergreen. Beautiful.

1 comment:

tara said...

Papa should be there tomorrow and I think my mom, dad and Macy should be there Sat - Thurs (ish) of next week.... so wish I could go but 1. I don't really feel like riding in the car that far and 2. my to-do list is having to get cut down the way it is! But I will be there with you in spirit! Love you!