Friday, October 31, 2008

I've Been Tagged.


I was tagged by Katie Loop-de-Loop Foshea. These things sure are making a resurgence lately!! Ok so 7 random facts:

1. My bathroom counter is always VERY messy. When we bought this house David was so excited to have 2 sinks in the master bathroom, but unfortunately for him I only use his. Mine is full of my blow-dryer, curling iron, at least 2 brushes, and a diffuser. Then I tend to fill up the whole vanity area with other random products. This is all humorous to me because I'm not really that much of a product girl and the rest of my house is pretty tidy.

2. David and I had a pretty rough marriage in the start. At one point we both thought we wouldn't make it to the end of the calendar year. We had so many issues with his parents, our faith, and just being young. We got married when I was 22 right out of undergrad. Sometimes I still can't believe we've made it almost 6 years. I'm thankful for 2 wonderful counselors and that we happened to grow in the same direction instead of apart.

3. My mother-in-law works for George Bush, Sr. and consistently invites us to big Republican events. She doesn't know we are both registered Democrats. Oh and David and I once made out a little in GB's office. We've both met him several times, and he is very tall.

4. I think my son has picked up my imagination combined with David's ingenuity. I was really hoping for a creative little boy and was a little worried how I would respond to a kid that loved geology like David did. I think Tommy will like geology, but I could see him also wanting to dress up like a rock for Halloween. Currently he likes to pretend he is a baby and or a monkey, he makes my legs into train tracks, and he is really into making crafts like the "Turkey Pumpkin" I hear about all day long.

5. When we were dating I gave David a HUGE hickey on the side of his neck. We had just moved to Houston and were meeting all his parents friends that weekend. It was August, so a turtleneck was not an option.

6. Even though I hate pregnancy and this one has already been terrible, I'm a little sad that this will most likely be my last baby to carry inside me. We'd like to adopt and don't want more than 3 kids. I guess I'm also a little relieved that I won't be carrying any more children. It's a lot of mixed emotions.

7. I take a nap from 1-2pm daily. If I miss a day I get a little grumpy.

2 comments:

The Fam said...

CONGRATS on being pregnant!!!! I am uber excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow - those are some interesting facts. Love that you made out in a president's office! Not many could say they've done that....