I went to my 2nd Weight Watchers meeting last night and after Tara's 5.5 lb. weight loss in ONE week I couldn't help but have high expectations. I lost one pound and was disappointed until I talked to the more experienced WW women in the meeting. Apparently I made some pretty big rookie mistakes...
1. First of all, they said, never wear jeans to a weigh in. Jeans weigh at least 2 pounds.
2. If I really want to see results, come in the morning having eaten nothing, with a tanktop and shorts on.
3. Never eat dinner before your weigh in. (I was hungry!)
So I'm hoping these tips will get me a 2 lb. loss next week, and I'll be back on my way into the 120s. Oh and just in case you are wondering, I do plan to post my progress every week until the Cabana Boy party. It keeps me motivated to have to share.
On another note, I went to my first mom's club meeting last night. We played Bunko in at least a $750,000 house. I was the youngest mom there by 5-6 years. Most of the women went to schools like Duke and had high powered careers before having kids. Hmmm. Frugal Fiona, De-cluttering Diane, and Weight Loss Wendy was a little out of her element in her K-State t-shirt and 10 year old jeans she was really proud to fit into for the evening. There were at least 2 moms there that are probably a little more my speed. And of course I love the sorority feel of the whole experience. I was basically rushed last week. I will keep going in a quest for new mommy friends and hope to meet at least one or two women that will understand this blog, value education, and desire creativity in their lives. And I'm hoping to meet someone with a little cultural flare too.
De-Cluttering is starting to get more grey than black and white. It really is awesome to have LESS. I can clean up my whole house in about 15 minutes now and picking out an outfit is nothing after streamlining my clothes. I have some questions for you guys about a few items I can't decide about. I'm getting down to the nitty-gritty details.
1. Ice-Cream maker---keep or sell? My mom had one when I was a kid, and I really liked it. It's frugal, but everytime I've tried to use it the ice-cream tastes like total crap and we end up throwing it out.
2. Waffle Maker-will I want this when my kids are 10 on a Saturday morning?
3. I've given away TONS of books to the library book drive, but there is a stack or two I can't decide about. How do you decide about books to keep or toss?
4. Candles. I just have so many, and love them, but I can't really light them while Thomas is awake because as a boy he is drawn to fire.
5. Things I bought for comfort during pregnancy. A body pillow. A foot spa thing. An aqua jogger. All used 2-3 times, but will I want them again when I'm huge?
I've already decided to keep a couch,desk, and patio furniture I thought about selling, but to let go of a few more small things that were collecting space instead. I've also decided to keep all baby stuff even that Thomas didn't like for number 2 just in case. And speaking of my young lad, I usually save stuff about him for Life With the Lisenbys, but I couldn't resist a quick shot of him on here. This is about as far as we get in the getting dressed department most days.
3 comments:
A - we should touch base soon! If it makes you feel better, I stayed the same this week - although I weighed in last Friday and weighed in on Wednesday this week, so it wasn't a full week - and I was wearing jeans! I had also heard about "the tricks" but I kind of figure that I have so much weight to lose that the weight of my clothes is inconsequential. All that said, my ww gal said to wait till next week to see how it goes because sometimes it just shows up funny. I was a little bummed b/c I have worked out more in the last week than I have forever! So be encouraged! I know you can do it!
I am not the best person to ask about the clutter issue, but i have debated about the ice cream maker too! We actually have a really nice one and we use it a couple of times a year. We both have good childhood memories about homemadeice cream so we are holding on to it for now. As far as the waffle maker... we use ours at least once a week! Matt makes them for us all the time and the girls love them! I eat them plain with no butter or anything, but I'm just weird like that. books and candles....mmmm.... i think we have too many too! I can't remember what else was on your post and this is the longest comment ever so I better head out!!!
1. If you end up asking your mom for her mixer, see if there is an ice cream thing that goes with it. the mixer i want has an ice cream maker add on that I will ask for for Xmas if I get the mixer for my bday. then you can get rid of the IC maker.
2. we make pancakes and french toast around here. if you've used the waffle maker less that twice a year, pitch it. you can buy another one when thomas is 10.
3. if you would read a book again, keep it. if not, give it away.
4. i got rid of almost all of our candles. i love them too but will have to wait a few more years to light them, unless it's birthday candles i guess. you can always keep some out for decor but just not light them.
5. i'd hang on to the prego stuff if i were you. just don't forget you have it and go out an buy more of the same, which i've done before.
man, i sound really bossy in this comment! you will have to tell me about this bunko mom's group and what it's all about...
i'm proud of you and all your weight loss accomplishments A! you are inspiring!
I know I am late on these posts and I seriously need to make your blog a daily ritual. It's good for me to "normalize" my issues.
On the Decluttering. I would say, toss the ice cream maker. It's such a pain and it would be so much more fun to take Thomas when he's older for a treat to go get some ice cream.
I LOVE waffles, so I want to say keep this, but if you dont plan to use it until Thomas is 10, you can buy a new one then.
Books are tough, but if you aren't going to read it again, get rid of it. I also box educational type books that I want to have later, but dont look through everyday.
I tend to get rid of old candles that dont match my house or smell all that great. I have so many from gifts, that I would have never bought and I dont light. You should buy this candle burner from walmart ($10). You set your candle on top and it gets hot and melts the wax. (no fire involved for Thomas to grab)I would keep your favorite for a few rooms.
The preggo stuff is tough. We forget so easily what horror those last few months were. I would toss the spa thing ... i will buy you a GC to get a foot massage :) Seriously, with #2 you wont need as much stuff, so it would be fine to ask the in-laws or your mom for a massage or something. Keep the body pillow for sure. What the heck is an aqua jogger?
You inspire me to get to work! I am all about the decluttering these days. I need to start a blog no one reads :) I think this whole writing thing could be good for me to stay on track!
Love you A!
Post a Comment