Monday, September 17, 2007

Stuck.

Dear Friends,
Ok so the weight loss was going really well all summer and since actively trying starting in March I've lost 26 pounds. I feel really good about this, but the problem is that I still have about 9 more to lose before my clothes (especially tops) fit again. I know women don't usually do this, but I think it is time to talk numbers. I'm sure you have figured out by now that modesty isn't exactly something I value very highly. Here are the stats:

High School Weight: 128
College Freshman Weight: 148
Normal College Weight: 135
Wedding Weight: 122
Lowest weight since 6th grade about 2 years ago: 118 (I've let this idea go, but this is the one and only time I was wearing 2s)
Pre-Pregnancy Weight: 130
Current Weight: 139.5 was hit about 2 weeks ago but not since.

Keep in mind that I am 5'4" so any flux of about 6-8 lbs. is a size. Also, I might as well admit in case you don't know me that I have been described by my oh-so-loving-brothers as a "Bowling Ball with Legs" meaning I am pretty top heavy and have short little legs and no butt. So right now I can fit into my size 6 pants (a little tight but not obscene) but small shirts may be a thing of the past. Unfortunately it appears that Thomas also has my body-type since he grows out of his shirts long before his pants and all his jeans are far too long.

So here is where you come in. I need your help getting these last 10ish pounds off by November 13th: Thomas' First Birthday. I've stayed right around 140 for several weeks now and am sad to admit that I've lost some motivation. But I really need to go for about 1lb. a week if I want to have my Cabana Boy Party coincide with T's Birthday. Will you push me on this? I need some accountability. I've thought about doing Weight Watchers again or a very structured diet like "The South Beach Diet" or Denise Austin's "Lose Those Last 10 Pounds", but for some reason I'm having a hard time getting determined about those. I workout 3-4 mornings a week and usually have a weak spot in my eating patterns after dinner and around 2pm when I really want something sweet. For those of you that have had to lose weight before any tips/advice? If you are naturally skinny you may offer advice but it may not be noted.

Sincerely,
Every Rose Has Its Thorn in Kansas City

4 comments:

tara said...

A - I am loving weight watchers myself these days. It is not a quick fix, but seems to be a pretty easy way to lose a pound a week. Plusses: you can still indulge in things you like without feeling like you have jumped ship on your diet - I just know that if i am having the Dr P then I am giving up 3 points that I might want after dinner. But I can live with that. I had a great lunch today and had to eat a salad for dinner - not my favorite and if I want a snack tonight it will have to be an apple or plain popcorn, but at least I feel good about knowing that I haven't gorged at lunch and then continued to pack it in the rest of the day too. Summary - I have no secrets, but I feel your pain. I will be checking back in to see what tidbits others leave for you that I can steal!

Crystal D. said...

A- I have 6 pounds to go too. I have resolved that small shirts are a thing of the past! Not saying that's what you should do, but I already cleaned out my closet :) I also resolved that size 2 pants are a thing of the past! I handed all of those over to my tiny cousin. I dont really think once hips have pushed out a baby they can actually return to a size 2. If any of you out there have had a different experience, well I don't really want to know, lol.
I don't have any secrets, as I must admit I never have had to lose weight until now, but I can tell you that I was stuck at 10 pounds left for a long time and I just weighed at Mia Grace's 9 month checkup and realized I lost 4 pounds and here is what I can contribute it to.
Mike is on a serious diet (trying to lose 30 + pounds). I have started buying everything low or non-fat, which I never did before. Also, I started eating a lot of protein because it gives me energy. (eggs everyday)
I also started lifting some weights (light) and drinking protein shakes because I wanted to tone. (I natually have NO muscle mass) I know muscle weighs more than fat, but I seriously think that is what has helped me lose those last 4-5 pounds. I still have about 5 to go, so we will see! I did tell myself that whatever weight (size) I was at Mia Grace's first birthday, that was what my 'new' normal size was going to be. I figured a year was enough time to keep a bunch of old clothes :) You are doing great!

tara said...

Hey - I got your message today and keep trying to call you back and then i get interrupted before I get to actually hit send! maybe we can catch up tomorrow - I am excited to cheer you on and do this thing together!!!

Anonymous said...

A, I am in no position to offer tips and helpful advice seeing as how I just ate so many chocolate covered raisins and choc. peanut butter pretzels that I feel sick. And do you want to know why I at these things? Because I tried on about 10 things before church this morning and none of them looked good or didn't fit or both and so I felt really bad about myself. Guess what, eating that s*%t didn't help me feel any better. I don't have the motivation yet to do someting about the weight I'm carrying around, but I would like to get some... Maybe you should only invite you to your cabana boy party if I lose some lbs too... al