Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Year's Resolutions


I'm always one to ease into transitions, including the new year. It takes me a few weeks to get my feet on the ground and in a new schedule before settling into a rhythm. I always have to think about what my resolutions are going to be for a few weeks too. In grad. school we had to pick one thing to work on/practice/learn about and design a learning contract. I'll let you know if I unpack these further in that way as we go along. So here we go:

1. Be less judgmental about how other people spend money, especially extremely wealthy people.

2. Get up every week day by 6:30am.

3. Choose not to feel guilty about adding the career piece of myself back into my life.

4. Go on more cultural dates with my husband.

5. Take pictures that help me create a story through writing.

6. When I have the choice, make the more simple decision 60% of the time.

My fruit of the spirit that I am going to focus on/read about/try to live out this year is faithfulness. Now that I've stated all of these to blog readers, I better get busy and go to bed.

1 comment:

Crystal D. said...

I am working on faithfulness too!