Monday, October 13, 2008

South Beach, Phase 2

My doctor has recommended that I do my best to follow the 2nd Phase of the South Beach Diet through this pregnancy. Here is a note to all my child-bearing aged friends: DON'T LET YOURSELF GET IN A POSITION WHERE YOU NEED TO DIET DURING PREGNANCY! Basically I have made it out of the 1st Trimester only gaining 3 pounds. Whew. BUT I started this pregnancy 15 pounds higher than I did with Thomas. And when you are 5'3" and carry all your weight in your face and boobs, 15 lbs. is a lot of weight. So now instead of giving into my craving for a box of Mac and Cheese per day, I'll be going shopping tomorrow for nuts, cheese, and salad. My plan is to take Sundays off so I don't feel totally restricted. I'm pretty nervous about my ability to actually do this, so I'll need the support of the blog world. The first step is the next 14 days. I am going to do this for 14 days with the hope that after that point I will feel good and see the results of minimal weight gain. That will motivate me to continue. Pray for David...he gets the brunt of the overall grumpiness when cookie cake is not indulged in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sitting next to me while I read her update, Adrienne says, "Sunday's my free day!!" Horray for Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy, hopefully corny dogs (or something fried) can be in your near future.

Anonymous said...

Y'all have a weird relationship with cookie cake in that house. I'd never even heard of this cookie cake confection until I saw David eating it for lunch...

Anne Dillon Photography said...

You can do it!!! Call me again if you need me to talk you down from the box of mac & cheese!