Thursday, October 16, 2008

Update

1. So the South Beach Diet isn't really that bad. Especially when you are pregnant and can cheat just a little. For example, you are not supposed to have sugar, but when I feel nauseous I still eat a popsicle. I figure 3 popsicles a day is much better than cake or cookies or something along those lines. So far, I've actually lost 3 lbs. and have been feeling better, since I'm getting more protein. The goal is not to lose weight, but just to gain a healthy amount in this pregnancy. And the SB little Pizzas are good!

2. Having a personal trainer at my gym is awesome. I should have set aside the money to do this long ago. I feel strong and confident even though I know my body is about to change. I do Courtney's workout (not the devil woman, a new one) 3 times a week and then walk or ride a bike on the other days. I love having a plan. And Courtney's approach is more along the lines of encouragement, not abuse.

3. You know you have been sick for too long when your son begins to look for you in your bed when you are gone. Last night I was at class and David reported that while he and Tommy were playing, young Thomas ran back to my bedroom, turned on the light, and said, "Mommy?" He figured if I wasn't playing with him, I must be in bed. Sad.

No comments: