Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Question
For those of you who have had more than one child and read this blog, I have a question. Did #2 and #3 come earlier than the first, about the same time, or later? I know every baby is different and comes on their own terms, but I'm curious. Thomas was born at 39 weeks, and it doesn't look like this guy is coming any sooner than that. I've had no signs of labor since 29 weeks when I had the pre-term scare. My doctor told me 39 weeks this time would be May 3rd according to my last possible due date of May 10th. I know waiting for a baby is one of life's surprises, but I'm not very good at it. I'm ready to set a date and move forward. Pray for me to be patient and peaceful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sophie was two and a half weeks early, Lili was a day early. I went into labor on my own with both. It was awful to wait on Lili, because I expected her to come a couple of weeks early. I know what you're going through!
I was induced with all 3 of mine :) Macy and Kate were both overdue. Not quite a week with both of them. My doc had mercy on me and let me be induced 6 days early with Lu. With Kate I was dialated to a 5 and fully effaced and still no labor - and we have yet to find an old wives tale that has done anything.
the waiting is the hardest part! i always tried to assume it would be past my due date just so i wouldn't be disappointed. he will come when he is ready!
sam was 10 days early (but who knows how accurate due dates are anyway?!), ben was 3 weeks early and that was a total shocker, and andrew came the day before his due date. of course i thought he'd be as early as ben since he was the third, but that little guy took his sweet time. he is still super laid back, so maybe this is indicative of the babe's personality!
are you still thinking of naming him after our oldest "child"?!
It is really hard when your first baby was early and the second not so much! Georgia was 10 days early and Sam was 3 days early. I still felt like Sam was late though! Its a mental game. Be tough!
Post a Comment